Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Superlative Post


Most progress towards a new trick:

As I'm getting in the shower, Jane says "Oh, huh, wow." I say, "What?" Jane says "See dis?" I say, "Your fingernail clicking?" Jane says, "Yes and I'm so cited because I'm almost to snapping."


Nicest thing that someone did this week: Last Friday, I was just getting dressed when I heard it...the sound of the garbage truck leaving WITHOUT MY GARBAGE. I go zooming down the stairs and outside, in my bare feet (on snow), and see it on the court across from ours. I begin yelling, "PLEASE COME BACK~!!" And guess what? He backed that big old truck all the way back into my court and up to my garbage can and dumped it in!!!

Second Worst song of Christmas: So my super-cool and fun friend from college Carie has a blog (it's private, so I can't link you, which is too bad because it is fun). Yesterday she told the world that one of her favorite Christmas songs is "Last Christmas" by Wham! Um...there's only one song worse, in my opinion (Christmas in the Northwest, which is a regional favorite here). She seemed to think that because she had 3 whole commenters who liked it, that that meant it was a cool song. Has she not seen the cover of the single to the left?! So I decided to do a survey. Please comment and please tell us if you like it and if it not the worst Christmas song you know...what is?

Most stressful part of day: Trying to pee for my life insurance physical. We were at home, I had just gone to the bathroom and the nurse shows up. I could not, could not go. I drank a total of 10 c. of water, stood in warm water, all while the nice lady waited downstairs. Ryan was accusatory, but I could not help it. 8 minutes after she left, I tried again and succeeded. I called her cell phone and she came back for my, um, specimen. (Aren't my posts so awesome, with the bra story and now this?!)

Biggest accomplishment of week: Oh YEAH! Finished (and mailed) the Christmas cards. (Here's a re-enactment of the final licking.) NEVER NEVER NEVER homemaking them again. Appreciate it this year, because it's the last one EVER.



Worst charade player in our family: I am acting out the BEST Joseph you have ever seen in our Christmas charades game. Here's Gabe: "stocking? um, star? um, camel?" And then he laid on the ground and rocked for his "opening Christmas presents"--he said he was pretending to be a rocking horse. WHAT? And this picture is him being a Christmas tree. Try to avoid having him on your team, is all I'm saying.

Most expensive lunch ever: For the 7th day of Christmas, Ryan arranged a 70 minute lunch date. He had a babysitter all lined up and I drove downtown. We were going to go to a little cafe until Ryan informed me, that upon mentioning our lunch date to his boss, his boss offered to pay for the whole thing! So we quickly changed our plans to the most expensive restaurant we knew and enjoyed 2 drinks, 2 appetizers, soup and 2 entrees. It cost $70. For lunch. So fun. (And now I'm not mad about all his working. Because of one lunch. Talk about raising morale.)
Worst idea of the night: Gabe is the winner, here again! During the writing of this post, Gabe decides to relax on the second story railing of our 2 story staircase. OF COURSE he falls and makes the biggest thump on the wood floor you've ever heard. And now he can't move his ankle. He's not in pain when he's not moving, so we're applying ice, ibuprofen, elevation and an ace bandage. Cross your fingers for him.
(DON'T FORGET: Comment about all the fun stuff here, too, but MAKE SURE you vote regarding that oh-so-lovely song mentioned previously!)

No comments:

Post a Comment