Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Warning: Don't read if you are mad at your spouse...unless you want to use it as evidence

Anyone notice, I haven't been blogging much in the last few days? Three posts in seven days...really falling down on the job, huh?


I've actually been too swamped to blog. (I'll let that sink in for a minute...)


Notice I'm blogging now? Is that because my cards are all done? No. Is that because a single present is wrapped? No. Is that because my toilets have gone from brownish to sparkling white? No.

It's because I have the best husband in the world:





Now, I totally hesitated to do this post, because I know that there are husbands out there who don't do the kind of stuff my husband does. And that's okay...or I hope it's okay with the wives. But I can't not talk about this cool stuff he's doing, just because every husband doesn't do it, right? Sometimes you tell people how great your kids are, or parents are, or friends are...and that's okay.

So I'm going to tell you how great my husband is...

Every year, he does the Twelve Days of Christmas for me and it's always fun, but he's SO outdone himself this year.

Examples?

First day--One hour of helping me with my infernal Christmas cards...even though he swore he would not help me, "so that you will suffer and remember what a pain making cards is and never do it again." But he helped me anyway. And it was SO nice to have another adult working, for even an hour.

Second day--Um, money for a new bra--2 cups, get it? (boring normal bra...nothing exciting, but I've needed a new one forever and didn't want to spend the money). Is that too much information for a blog that my dad will read?

Third--THREE backrubs (morning, pre-nap and at bedtime!!) Isn't that the most heavenly sounding thing ever?

Fourth--4 parts to a meal, so I didn't have to do anything on Sunday. Appetizer, Main Dish, Salad and Dessert.



Fifth--Five fun things for a movie...2 treats, 2 drinks and 1 DVD. Except we were too sugared out to eat anything he brought and ended up watching the Survivor finale, but I looked forward to it all day and that was most of the fun.

And today--he gave me 60 minutes of alone time, while he clears the table and puts kids to bed and runs an errand.

So that's why I have time to blog right now. Tell me he's not the greatest husband ever (besides yours, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment