Monday, January 7, 2008

Su-Monday Summary

Seriously last week was so boring...I didn't take a single picture. So here goes:

Monday started early for us, with Seth coming into my room at 1:00am and asking, "Mom?! A need a help." So I follow him back to his room, where I find he has dragged a little chair from another room, stepped on it to turn on the light and is trying to clean up all of his 50 Little People animals, but he "Can't Pind (find) A Yak, mom..." So I explain that is sleeping time and that we will find the yak in the morning. "We cean a moh-ning?" "Yes, we'll clean it up in the morning." When I told Ryan the next day, he laughed and said that Seth had been begging him to clean it up, when he was put to bed and Ryan tried to explain about the morning thing. Seth's gotten a little obsessive-compulsive about his bedtime routine (5 blankets, door shut, certain things cleaned up), but should I worry that's it's waking him up in the middle of the night?!


Tuesday was New Year's Day. Romneys don't play on New Years (like in my pre-marriage family). Oh no...With Ryan as our dad, we are starting on those noble resolutions RIGHT away. We got the whole house cleaned, decorations taken down, Ryan went to finish up some last minute repairs on our rental house and I did bills. Isn't that the funnest holiday ever?! (For Ryan, it is).





Wednesday was my day off. Seriously. I told everyone, that after the kids went to school, I would be meeting basic needs and that would be all. After 6 straight weeks of constant something-to-do, I went to volleyball, and blogged and read and read and read. And watched a TV in the middle of the day and then I read some more. I even had a pre-prepared meal, I'd saved specifically for this day, so I wouldn't have to do dinner. I finished 3 books, just last week because of Mom's Day Off. It was lovely. Go read this book: (unless you are Cami, because she tried it and didn't like it. That's okay. I read all 400 pages in 2 days.)











Thursday has nothing interesting in it at all, except Gabe started limping again due to P.E. on that injured foot. Should I be worried? (I wrote a note to excuse him for the next 2 weeks...)


Friday was the funnest party ever, but that's it's own post. Stay tuned.


Saturday was the day I did some seriously AWESOME mothering. Emma also went to a pajama birthday party, where she had the loveliest blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick applied, and apparently gave a very popular gift the "Yada yada" toy?! It was so cheap, that I added some earrings in for the birthday girl, but you might want to pick it up for your next party!











Sunday was an incredible day. Our Stake Presidency changed, I had some other personally neat experiences with my calling and we got to attend the "It's Great to Be Eight" fireside with Gabe, where all the to-be baptized boys climbed in the dry font and told our stake presidency that "God's favorite color is white." Gabe also ate his weight in the refreshments, so it was especially meaningful to him. If I've never said it before...I love this Church, I know that It's true and that the Savior lives and is personally involved in our lives and as we do what's right, He will bless us beyond our capacity to take it in. It truly was a nice, nice day for our family.



Now I'm going to search out some pictures, to see if I can make this slightly less boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment