Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This is your song...

Each of my kids (and husband) has "their" songs. Here they are (click on the links if you want to see/hear it... okay, I just listened to them all on You Tube...you HAVE to click on them):

Ryan


When were first dating the song "All For You" by Sister Hazel was popular, and in that gooey, exciting, all-you-can-think-about-is-each-other stage, I loved the lyrics that said:

Wonder if I'll always be with you
Words can't say, I can't do
Enough to prove it's all for you

Because I knew that this was going somewhere big, the word "always" gave me the chills (still does!)

Emma


When I pregnant with Emma, and not knowing anything about "mother-love", I wasn't feeling much about this thing growing inside of me. Until one day, about 6 months along, I heard Good Riddance by Green Day on the radio. I felt this big desire for her to "have the time of her life". I knew her life would be unpredictable and I just felt this huge love for her and wanted her to have a happy life no matter what. So that's her song.

Gabe


Gabe's song is "Make you feel my love" by Garth Brooks. What mother doesn't feel this way about her child?

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love


Jane

Celine Dion's A New Day Has Come was on the radio when Jane was born. It's her song to her boy. It was perfect for our little Janey.

Hush, love I see a light in the sky

Oh, it's almost blinding me

I can't believe

I've been touched by an angel with love



Seth

We went to visit the Seeleys in Arizona when I was pregnant with Seth. My mom was playing from their song book collection of the Beatles. I know Beatles songs. I just had never heard "I will". I loved it and I sang it over and over. I now sing it over and over at night when I put Seth to bed. Here he is, joining me.





Who else out there has songs for kids or spouses that they want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment