Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Summary

Monday was an important day in the Romney house. Celebration of great Presidents? Nah. Parties due to a day off from school. Boring. Mom getting out the play-doh? Oh yeah...it was that big.
Tuesday also an important day: Jane's kindergarten shots. She was seriously so brave. She kept mentioning all morning, "I'm a little scared, but it will be fast, wight, Mom?" When we got there and she was trying so hard to lay still on the exam table, I held her hands and told her it would be done by the time I was done singing the alphabet song. Except I couldn't sing the alphabet song, because I was crying. She was such a brave girl and those shots seriously suck. We NEVER buy our kids toys except on birthdays, Christmas...and when they get those sucky kindergarten shots:
On Wednesday after teaching a bunch of Cub Scouts how to cook Fried Rice and Wontons, I was a little over the whole cooking dinner thing. So we had leftover night. Sometimes we have FUN leftover night, when I make a menu:
and let the kids pick three options. We had lots of leftovers (because I love to cook and Ryan loves to eat old, moldy food):
and the kids LOVE when we do Restaurant Style leftovers (especially when it includes your choice of dessert, as this one did).
On Thursday I woke up WAY too early to work out, as was evidenced by me running into the garage as I was backing out and wrecking our side mirror. Apparently there were some important wires connected to this mirror, because as I shut the door (at 6:30am) after my workout, the hazard horn-beeping started going off. "Huh, " I thought, "must have brushed the hazard button on my key chain." And turned it off. Gabe had a 7:00 am cavity filling appointment, so after a quick shower, we jumped back in the car...and discovered that if I wanted to drive the car...I would have to do it with the horn blaring loudly wherever I went. It would NOT shut off! So we drove through the streets of my town, horn a-honking, all the way to the gym, where we stole Ryan's car (he was still there) and switched him out. And this is going to shock you: it TOTALLY STOPPED when he got in the car. Why does that always happen?
Also, while we were at the dentist, they found an extra cavity. It was 7:30 am and we'd already spent $263. And woke up the whole town. Awesome.
Friday, Emma got a 100% on her spelling test and my toe hurt.
Saturday, we found out Emma will be in the Olympics in 2016. More on that tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment