Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged: Seven Interesting Facts about Jessica's Feet

Can you believe how lucky you are?! That you happened on my blog today?! And that there's so much to learn about my feet?!

Fact#1
My feet are very big. 9 1/2 before kids, 10 after.
Fact #2
My toes make up for a good 25% of my feet length. I have one that is as long as my pinky finger (and I have long fingers). This is why I honestly did not wear sandals until I was in college, when I stopped caring about my witch toes.

Fact #3
My husband was seriously repulsed by my toes. I had warned him and he didn't believe me, thinking: "Everyone thinks their feet are ugly." He's actually the coiner of the witch phrase, as he tells me that that was what he thought when they were unveiled for him.

Fact #4
My feet are not covered by as cute of shoes as those of you with size 7 feet. Talk a walk down the Payless aisles one day. This is what you will say to yourself: "Here we are in the size 6 section and there are some really cute cheap shoes here. Size 7, still cute. Size 8, size 8 1/2, size 9, all cute. Hey! Wait a minute, here we are in the 10s. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE CUTE SHOES ALL THOSE OTHER SIZES HAVE?"

Fact #5
Pointy shoes do not work well with my 3 inch toes. I wear them anyway (of course!) and my toes are permanently curled and calloused due to such sacrifices for fashion.
Fact #6
I had calcium deposits growing on the backs of my heels, when I was 16, because nature seems to think that my feet aren't long enough. I got them shaved off and scooted around on my bum for weeks while they healed. I ruined a very cute rayon short one piece from Express doing it.
Fact #7
Ryan's uncle is a podiatrist. (Coincidence? I think not.) When I complained of numbness in the 3 littlest toes on the left foot, he touched a spot on the pad underneath them and they went immediately numb. Apparently there is a benign tumor there, which goes numb and sometimes becomes painful. I should get it removed, but with 4 kids, how am I supposed to stay off my feet for 6 weeks as I recover? Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment