Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Summary

Stuff that happened this week include:

Ryan put in the car stereo. I forgot to include this last week...and since the car stereo got stolen LAST CONFERENCE (hello! 4 months ago), it's a pretty big deal. Yay for Radio Disney and NPR while driving. (Although I will miss actually conversing with my clients while I taxi them around).

(Oh yeah, on a related note, while out with the missionaries, Ryan visited with a town policeman. He realized that we were the ones who had the Decorated Minivan stolen in October and told Ryan he'd seen that van driving around that night and wished he'd stopped it. Happily, though, he let us know that the guys were caught and are in jail currently. Nice to know.)

Janey was sick last week at church. I'm only including this one because of what her teachers said. Having warned them that she might be under the weather, after church they said, "We knew she was sick, because she didn't move AT ALL. And Jane usually wiggles the entire time." We should try to expose her to some bug every Friday night...it might make church much more pleasant.

Seth kept telling us all the stuff he was good at. All week long, we kept getting updates: "Mom, I'm good sing-oh", "Mom, I'm good cean-oh" (cleaner--ha.), "Mom, I'm good help-oh." So, he'll just let you know, should he excel at anything else.

We could see the grass in our backyard. Oh, you might not think that that is noteworthy, but all my Inland Northwest blog friends will vouch for me...we have not seen the ground (AS IT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY COVERED WITH FEET OF SNOW) since the day after Christmas. We feel like we should be wearing shorts, as it has risen to the balmy temperatures of 39 and 42 this weekend.



The Party-that-could-not-be-more-girly. My friend, Bethany, decided to have a Wedding Picture and Video party. So we all brought ours and enjoyed everyone's permy hair and skinny husbands and cheaply made videos (except Bethany's...show-off). We had wedding cake (cut here by our Life Partners, Meghann and Stacey), lots of yummy food and went home loving our husbands a little bit more.



Kids Dentist visit. Number one, I would like to refer you to the note-taking that I did, during the dental visit. Ryan was very pleased with the thorough nature of my report.


Number two, our kids have messed up teeth. Emma's completely missing one tooth (don't even think I could remember the special dental name for the tooth...oh wait, I'll just look at my notes! Lateral incisor, that's what's missing. That really came in handy.) and two of Gabe's teeth are re-sorbing (which I discovered is a nice word for rotting...which explains his hideous breath). The dentist assured me that I am not one of Those Parents who don't properly care for their children's oral hygiene, that it's from a trauma to the area. (And I didn't cause the trauma either, because I'm not one of Those Parents, either. Sheesh.) Jane's teeth are far too tight for her full set of adult teeth to come in and Seth has a Baaaad overbite. I'm currently taking donations for their orthodontia. Please comment and I will email you a tax-deductible donation slip. Grandparents...since they have your genes...I'm expecting the largest portion from you all. Thank you. (Dental procedures, as demonstrated below...don't come cheap.)

No comments:

Post a Comment